Some recent results on the stability of linear time varying systems
- 39 Downloads
Some theorems derived recently by the authors on the stability of multidimensional linear time varying systems are reported in this paper. To begin with, criteria based on Liapunov’s direct method are stated. These are followed by conditions on the asymptotic behaviour and boundedness of solutions. Finally,L 2 andL ∞ stabilities of these systems are discussed. In conclusion, mention is made of some of the problems in aerospace engineering to which these theorems have been applied.
KeywordsStability linear time varying systems Liapunov’s direct method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Cesari L 1963Asymptotic behaviour and stability problems in ordinary differential equations (New York: Springer-Verlag)Google Scholar
- Coppel W A 1965Stability and asymptotic behaviour of differential equations (Boston: Heath)Google Scholar
- Jankovic M S 1976 Lateral vibrations of an extending cantilever rod. University of Toronto, Institute for Aerospace Studies, Technical Note 202Google Scholar
- Modi V J, Brereton R C 1969CASI Trans. (Can. Aeronaut. Space Inst.) 2: 44–48Google Scholar
- Modi V J, Neilson J E 1968Aeronaut. J. 72: 807–810Google Scholar
- Pradeep S 1987On the stability of multidimensional linear systems with time varying parameters, Ph.D. dissertation, Indian Institute of Science, BangaloreGoogle Scholar
- Pradeep S, Shrivastava S K 1987aActa Astronaut. (to be published)Google Scholar
- Pradeep S, Shrivastava S K 1987bJ. Astronaut. Sci. (to be published)Google Scholar
- Pradeep S, Shrivastava S K 1987cJ. Guidance Control Dyn. (to be published)Google Scholar
- Pradeep S, Shrivastava S K 1987dMech. Res. Commun. (to be published)Google Scholar