Integrated analytical models for flexible manufacturing systems
- 46 Downloads
Product form queueing networks (pfqn) and generalized stochastic Petri nets (gspn) have emerged as the principal performance modelling tools for flexible manufacturing systems (fms). In this paper, we present integratedpfqn-gspn models, which combine the computational efficiency ofpfqn and representational power ofgspn by employing the principle of flow-equivalence. We show thatfms that include nonproduct form characteristics such as dynamic routing and synchronization can be evaluated efficiently and accurately using the integrated models.
KeywordsIntegrated analytical models flexible manufacturing systems product form queueing networks generalised stochastic Petri nets
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Balbo G, Bruell S C, Ghanta S 1986 Combining queueing networks and generalized stochastic Petri nets for the analysis of software blocking phenomena.IEEE Trans. Software Eng. SE-12: 561–576Google Scholar
- Hanumantha Rao P 1991Integrated analytical models for automated manufacturing systems, M E Project Report, Dept. of Computer Science and Automation, Indian Institute of Science, BangaloreGoogle Scholar
- Ho Y C 1987 Performance evaluation and perturbation analysis of discrete event systems.IEEE Trans. Autom. Control AC-32: 563–572Google Scholar
- Meenakshisundaram C R 1990Integrated analytical models for parallel and distributed computing systems, M Sc (Eng.) thesis, Dept. of Computer Science and Automation, Indian Institute of Science, BangaloreGoogle Scholar
- Ramesh N R 1990Integrated performance models based on queueing networks and Petri nets, M E Project Report, Dept. of Computer Science and Automation, Indian Institute of Science, BangaloreGoogle Scholar
- Ranky P G 1983The design and operation of flexible manufacturing systems (Amsterdam: IFS and North-Holland)Google Scholar