The last flag-transitiveP-geometry
- 34 Downloads
The universal 2-cover of theP-geometry related to the Baby Monster sporadic simple groupBM is shown to admit a non-split extension 34371·BM as a flag-transitive automorphism group. This new geometry completes the list of flag-transitiveP-geometries.
KeywordsAutomorphism Group Conjugacy Class Maximal Subgroup Parabolic Subgroup Outer Automorphism
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- D.G. Higman,A monomial character of Fischer’s Baby Monster, inProc. of the Conference on Finite Groups (W.R. Scott and F. Gross, eds.), Academic Press, New York, 1976.Google Scholar
- A.A.Ivanov and S.V.Shpectorov,An infinite family of simply connected flag-transitive tilde geometries, Geom. Dedic., to appear.Google Scholar
- A.A.Ivanov and S.V.Shpectorov,Natural representations of the P-geometries of Co 2-type, J. Algebra, to appear.Google Scholar
- R.A.Parker,A collection of modular characters, preprint, Univ. of Cambridge, 1989.Google Scholar
- S.V. Shpectorov,A geometric characterization of the group M 22, inInvestigations in the Algebraic Theory of Combinatorial Objects, Moscow, VNIISI, 1985, pp. 112–123 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- R.A. Wilson,The action of a maximal parabolic subgroup on the transpositions of the Baby Monster, preprint, 1992.Google Scholar