Subdural empyema in a child with posterior urethral valves
An unusual case of subdural empyema is reported in a three months old infant with posterior urethral valve. The patient presented with convulsion. The diagnosis was made by CT Scanning. Repeated aspirations were carried out and patient was discharged well without any deficit. The review of literature did not reveal any case report of subdural empyema in patients with posterior urethral valve.
Key wordsPosterior urethral valve subdural empyema CT scan
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Howard M, Mathew W: Experience with 88 consecutive brain abscess.J Neurosurg 38: 698, 1973Google Scholar
- 4.Weinman D, Samarasinghe HHR: Subdural empyema.Aust Nz J Surg 41: 324, 1972Google Scholar
- 5.Bhandari YS, Sarkari NBS: Subdural empyema. A review of 37 cases.J Neuro Surg 32: 35, 1970Google Scholar
- 7.Goyal S, Karapurkar A: Intracranial subdural abscess. A study of 56 cases: Paper presented atXXXI Annual Conference of Neurological Society of India, 1981Google Scholar
- 9.Ali T: Subdural empyema secondary to VP Shunt.N Y State Med 79: 375, 1979Google Scholar
- 10.Hitchock E, Andredis A: Subdural empyema—A review of 29 cases.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiat 27: 422, 1964Google Scholar