Occurrence of minute ring-shaped nucleoprotein particles in culture media conditioned by mammalian cells
- 18 Downloads
Conditioned media of 21 mammalian cell lines have been examined by electron microscopic and biochemical techniques for the presence of a minute ring-shaped nucleoprotein particle (RSP). Electron microscopy showed the presence of RSP in 20 of the 21 cell lines tested. Comparative analyses of six cell cultures for radio-active RSP, following3H-thymidine incorporation, suggested that quantitative differences exist in the amount of RSP detectable in conditioned media of normal and pathologic cells. The cell lines tested included cells of different morphologies, origin and function.
Key wordsminute ring-shaped nucleoprotein particles cultured cells
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 10.Rounds, D. E., K. Shankar Narayan, and D. E. Townsend. 1976. Prospects for a personal screening method for cervical carcinoma. Gynecol. Oncol., in press.Google Scholar
- 11.Ohnuki, Y., T. Okigaki, and F. H. Kasten. 1969. A new human tumor epithelial cell line (CMP-cell line). In Vitro 4: 153.Google Scholar
- 13.Okigaki, T., S. Quan, and K. S. Narayan. 1974. Long-term cultivation of diploid cell lines derived from adult human livers. In Vitro 9: 360.Google Scholar
- 14.Okigaki, T., and J. F. May. 1973. The chromosome of an endothelial cell line derived from rabbit aorta. Chromosome Inform. Ser. 15: 13–14.Google Scholar
- 16.Klement, V., M. O. Nicolson, and R. J. Heubner. 1971. Rescue of the genome of focus forming virus from rat non-productive lines by 6-bromodeoxyuridine. Nature [New Biol.] 234: 12–14.Google Scholar