Needle biopsy of the liver in pediatric practice
- 20 Downloads
The value of needle biopsy as a diagnostic tool is discussed in relation to 256 children suffering from various disorders. Histopathological changes in cirrhosis, anemia and malnutrition are discussed in detail.
KeywordsLiver Biopsy Iron Deficiency Anemia Fatty Change Focal Necrosis Kwashiorkor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bagentoss, A. H. (1952). Post-hepatitic and alcoholic cirrhosis.Gasteroenterology 22, 157.Google Scholar
- Dayal, R. S., Mathur, G. P., Prasad, R. and Wahi, P. N. (1966). Hepatomegaly in infancy and childhood.Indian. Pediat. 3, 129.Google Scholar
- Himsworth, H. P. (1950). The Liver and its Diseases. 2nd Ed.Blackwell Scientific Publications, Oxford.Google Scholar
- Mukerjee, K. L. (1964) Protein calorie malnutrition.Indian Pediat. 1, 282.Google Scholar
- Reddy, Y. R., Rajeshwaramma, V. and Shrinivasa Rao, P. (1964). Hepatic lesions in childhood tuberculosis.Indian Pediat. 1, 45.Google Scholar
- Sherlock, S. and Walshe, V.M. (1951). Hepatic Structure and Function. In ‘Studies of Undernutrition’.Medical Research Council Special Report Series No. 275. p. 111.Google Scholar
- Vyas, K.J. (1959). Liver palpability in normal infants and children.Indian J. Ch. Hlth 8, 430.Google Scholar