TheF-spin structure of the Hamiltonian in the proton-neutron interacting boson model
- 30 Downloads
The relation between the interacting boson model without distinction between protons and neutrons (IBM-1) and the proton-neutron version (IBM-2) is studied. The embedding of the IBM-1 space into the IBM-2 space is analyzed in detail. A general projection method from IBM-2 onto IBM-1 is developed and projections of important operators are given.F-spin broken Hamiltonians in the interacting boson model are studied. TheF-spin tensor decomposition is given for the major terms of the Hamiltonian as well as for theE2 andM1 operators. The relation between the Majorana term of IBM-2 and general proton-neutron interactions is investigated.
PACS 21.60.EInteracting boson model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A. Richter: inNuclear Structure 1985, edited byR. Broglia, G. Hagemann andB. Herskind (North Holland, Amsterdam, 1986), p. 469.Google Scholar
- A. Arima andF. Iachello:Adv. Nucl. Phys.,13, 139 (1984).Google Scholar
- P. O. Lipas:International Summer School on Hyperfine Interactions and Physics with Oriented Nuclei (1985), edited byM. Rotter (Charles University, Prague, 1986), p. 175.Google Scholar
- F. Iachello (Editor):Interacting Boson in Nuclear Physics (Plenum, New York, N. Y., 1979).Google Scholar
- F. Iachello (Editor):Interacting Bose-Fermi Systems in Nuclei (Plenum, New York, N. Y., 1981).Google Scholar
- O. Scholten: Ph.D. thesis, University of Groningen (1980).Google Scholar
- I. Talmi:Rev. Mod. Phys.,34, 259 (1962);R. F. Casten, D. D. Warner, D. S. Brenner andR. L. Gill:Phys. Rev.,47, 1433 (1981);P. Federman andS. Pittel:Phys. Rev. C,20, 820 (1979);I. Hamamoto:Nucl. Phys.,86, 208 (1966);R. A. Sorensen: inIV International Conference on Nuclei Far from Stability, edited byP. G. Hansen andO. B. Nielsen (CERN, 1981), p. 498;N. Zeldes: inIV International Conference on Nuclei far from Stability, edited byP. G. Hansen andO. B. Nielsen (CERN, 1981), p. 93;J. L. Wood: inContemporary Research Topics in Nuclear Physics, edited byD. H. Feng (Plenum, New York, N. Y., 1982), p. 451;K. Heyde andJ. Sau:Phys. Rev. C,33, 1050 (1986).CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- H. Harter: Ph.D. thesis, University of Cologne (1987).Google Scholar
- H. G. Solari, R. Gilmore andM. Vallieres: inNuclear Structure, Reactions and Symmetries, edited byR. A. Meyer andV. Paar (World Scientific, Singapore, 1986), p. 280.Google Scholar
- P. O. Lipas: private communication.Google Scholar