NMR relaxation study of water protons in Syrian hamster fetal cells at 300 MHz
- 32 Downloads
TheT 1 andT 2 relaxation times of water protons in two cell types in culture derived from Syrian hamster fetuses (normal primary or secondary fetal cells vs BP6T tumor cells derived from the normal cells transformed by carcinogens) were measured at 7.05 Tesla magnetic field (proton frequency =300 MHz). TheT 1/T 2 ratios and the correlation time, τ c , calculated from theT 1/T 2 ratio of cellular water protons, are significantly different in these two fibroblastic cell types of the same biological origin and with similar morphologies and growth rates in culture.
Index EntriesNMR Syrian hamster fetal cells cellular water protons spin-lattice relaxation time,T1 spin-spin relaxation time,T2 water in cells, structure and mobility of
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Beall, P. T. (1981),The Sciences 21, 6.Google Scholar
- 2.Beall, P. T., Asch, B. B., Medina, D., and Hazlewood C. F. (1981),The Transformed Cell, Academic, NY, pp. 293.Google Scholar
- 4.Ling, G. N., and Negendank, W. (1970),Physiol. Chem. Phys. 2, 15.Google Scholar
- 12.Beall, P. T., and Hazlewood, C. F. (1983),Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) Imaging, (Partain, L., et al., eds.) W. B. Saunders, Philadelphia, PA, pp. 312.Google Scholar
- 15.Bruce, S. A., Deamond, S. F., and Ts'o, P. O. P. (1986),Mech. Ageing and Develop. in press.Google Scholar
- 18.Farrar, T. C., and Becker, E. D. (1971),Pulse and Fourier Transform NMR: Introduction to Theory and Methods, Academic, NY, Ch. 2.Google Scholar
- 21.Beall, P. T., Amtey, S. R., and Kasturi, S. R. (1984),NMR Data Handbook for Biomedical Applications, Pergamon, NY, pp. 124.Google Scholar
- 22.Beall, P. T., Amtey, S. R., and Kasturi, S. R. (1984),NMR Data Handbook for Biomedical Applications, Pergamon, NY, Ch. 6.Google Scholar
- 23.Hazlewood, C. F. (1979),Cell Associated Water (Drost-Hansen, W., and Clegg, J., eds.), Academic, NY, pp. 165–260.Google Scholar