Immobilization of L-glutamate oxidase and peroxidase for glutamate determination in flow injection analysis system
- 43 Downloads
Streptomyces SP.N 14, isolated from soil samples, produced extracellular L-glutamate oxidase (GOD) in liquid culture. After a two-step ammonium sulfate purification and dextran G-150 chromatography, the specific activity was reached at 28.2 U/mg. The partial purified enzyme and horseradish peroxidase (HRP) were covalently coupled to alkylamine controlled pore glass (CPG) by means of glutaraldehyde. About 200–300 U/g of immobilized GOD and 300–400 U/g of immobilized HRP were obtained. The immobilized enzymes were packed into a teflon tube and used in flow injection analysis (FIA) for glutamate in broth. A good linear range was observed for this immobilized enzyme system at 0.1–2.0 mM, and the precision was 2.8% (n = 25). More than 80 samples were measured within an hour. One enzyme column with about 4 U of immobilized GOD and 5 U of immobilized HRP, applied for 50 assays/d, has been used for more than 50 d. The concentration of L-glutamate remaining lower than 2.0 mM, the determination of glutamate in this system was not affected by pH and temperature within the range of 6.0–7.0 and 25–35‡C, respectively. The system was applied to determine L-glutamate in broth samples during L-glutamate fermentation, and good correlation was achieved between results obtained with the system and with the Warburg’s method.
Index EntriesL-glutamate oxidase immobilized enzyme L-glutamate flow injection analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 7.Lowry, O. H., Rosebrough, N. J., Farr, A. L., and Ranoall, R. J. (1951),J. Biolog. Chem. 193, 265–275.Google Scholar
- 8.Li, G. X., Wang, Y., Kou, X., and Zhang, S. (1982),Appl. Biochem. Biotech. 7, 325–341.Google Scholar
- 10.Matsuzaki, A. et al. (1982), Patent No. Jp57-43685.Google Scholar
- 11.Ishikawa, H. et al. (1982), Patent No. Jp57-33497.Google Scholar
- 12.Kusakable, H. et al. (1982), Patent No. Jp57-11271.Google Scholar
- 13.Passarge, M. et al. (1986), Ger(East)DD240910.Google Scholar