A rapid and simple method for the isolation of mutant variants regulating tissue-specific expression of the tni gene through drug selection
- 25 Downloads
TnINEO fusion gene was constructed by fusing 3.4-kbp of quailTnI genomic DNA sequences spanning the promoter to exon 5 and aneo gene in frame. A myoblast cell line was established after transfection of pTnINEO. Since this cell line was passaged several times, a high frequency of neomycin (G418) sensitivity conversion was detected. Two drug-resistant variants were analyzed through genomic Southern blot and S1 nuclease protection assay. One variant has a mutation(s) in the regulatory element that activated the dormantTnI promoter-enhancer in myoblast, and the other has shown the genomic rearrangement. This result presented the possibility of isolating factor(s) that activate the muscle-specificTnI promoter simply by screening drug-resistant cells having appropriate mutations.
Index EntriesFast troponin I gene stage-specific expression myoblast drug selection mutant genomic rearrangement
troponin I gene
neomycin resistance gene
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Bucher, E. A., Maisonpierre, P. C., Konieczny, S. F., and Emerson, C. P., Jr. (1988),Mol. Cell. Biol. 8, 4134–4142.Google Scholar
- 4.Lee, Y. and Emerson, C. P., Jr. (1992),Mol. Cells. 2, 67–74.Google Scholar
- 6.Konieczny, S. F. and Emerson, C. P., Jr. (1985),Mol. Cell. Biol. 5, 2423–2432.Google Scholar
- 8.Minty, A. J., Caravatti, M., Robert, B., Cohen, A., Daubos, P., Weydert, A., Gros, F., and Buckingham, M. E. (1981),J. Biol. Chem. 256, 1008–1014.Google Scholar
- 10.Murnane, A. (1986),Mol. Cell. Biol. 6, 549–558.Google Scholar
- 12.Braun, T., Buschhausen-Denker, G., Bober, E., Tannich, E., and Arnold, H. H. (1989),EMBO J. 8, 701–709.Google Scholar