Relatively projective groups as absolute Galois groups
- 58 Downloads
By two well-known results, one of Ax, one of Lubotzky and van den Dries, a profinite group is projective iff it is isomorphic to the absolute Galois group of a pseudo-algebraically closed field. This paper gives an analogous characterization of relatively projective profinite groups as absolute Galois groups of regularly closed fields.
KeywordsGalois Group Free Product Projective Group Inverse Limit Galois Extension
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Er1]Y. Ershov, Projectivity of absolute Galois groups ofRC ζ⋆-fields, inProceedings of the III International Conference of Algebra, Krasnoyarsk 93, deGruyter, Berlin, 1996, pp. 63–80.Google Scholar
- [Er2]Y. Ershov,Free products of absolute Galois groups, Doklady Mathematics56(3) (1997), 915–917.Google Scholar
- [J]M. Jarden,Infinite Galois theory, inHandbook of Algebra, Vol. 1 (M. Hazewinkel, ed.), North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1996.Google Scholar
- [K]F. -V. Kuhlmann,Valuation theory of fields, abelian groups and modules, inAlgebra, Logic and Applications (A. Macintyre and R. Göbel, eds.), Gordon and Breach, London, to appear.Google Scholar
- [Po1]F. Pop,Classically projective groups and pseudo classically closed fields, Preprint, Mathematisches Institüt, Heidelberg, 1990.Google Scholar
- [Ri]P. Ribenboim,Théorie des valuations, Les Presses Univ., Montréal, 1968.Google Scholar