Super-high-frequency oscillations in a discontinuous dynamic system with time delay
- 54 Downloads
We study oscillations in the discontinuous dynamic system with time delay\(\dot x(t) = - sign x(t - 1) + F(x(t),t), t \geqslant 0\). This is a typical model of relay feedback with delay. It is known that stable modes in this system have a bounded oscillation frequency. Here we consider transient processes and obtain the following result: under some restrictions ofF, the average oscillation frequency of any solution becomes finite after a period of time, i.e. super-high-frequency oscillations (with infinite frequency) exist only in a finite time interval. Moreover, we give an effective upper bound on the length of this interval.
KeywordsPeriodic Solution Shift Operator Continuous Positive Function Steady Mode Finite Frequency
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [BB]E.F. Beckenbach E.F Beckenbach and R. Bellman,Inequalities (Ergebnisse der Mathematik und ihrer Grenzgebiete, H. 30), Springer, Berlin, 1961.Google Scholar
- [CH]D. Cho and K.J. Hedrick,Sliding mode fuel-injection controller: its advantages, ASME Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control (1994), to appear.Google Scholar
- [F]A.F. Filippov,Differential Equations with the Discontinuous Right Hand Side, Kluwer Academic Press, Dordrecht,, 1988.Google Scholar
- [H]J. Hale,Theory of Functional Differential Equations, Springer, Berlin, 1979.Google Scholar
- [KN]V.B. Kolmanovsky and V.R. Nosov,Stability and Periodic Modes of Controllable Systems with Time Delay, Nauka, Moscow, 1981 (Russian).Google Scholar
- [MPN1]J. Mallet-Paret and R.D. Nussbaum,A bifurcation gap for a singularly perturbed delay equation, inChaotic Dynamics and Fractals, Vol. 2 (M.F. Barnsley and S.G. Demko, eds.), Acadamic Press, New York, 1986, pp. 263–287.Google Scholar
- [SFF2]E.I. Shustin, E.M. Fridman and L.M. Fridman,Relay control with time delay in autonomous and periodic systems, Preprint, Tel Aviv University, 1992 (to appear in: Proc. Internat. Conf. “Journnees non-holonomes”, Paris, July 1–3, 1992).Google Scholar
- [U]V.I. Utkin,Sliding Modes in Control Optimization, Springer, Berlin, 1991.Google Scholar