Present status of fulminant hepatitis in Japan (1989–1991)
- 11 Downloads
To improve the survival of patients with FH, its distinct clinical subtypes should be defined and predicted at an early stage. In addition to providing clinical care for FH patients in an intensive care unit, new specific and intelligent treatments must be developed through basic research which focuses on finding a means of inducing the necrotic liver to regenerate. In any event, the Research Subgroup of FH seems to be unique in its ability to exchange information and collaborate to realize eradication of this fatal disorder.
KeywordsFulminant Hepatic Failure Fulminant Hepatitis Hepatic Coma Artificial Liver Support Massive Hepatic Necrosis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.The proceedings of the 12th Inuyama Symposium. Hepatitis Type A-Fulminant Hepatitis. Tokyo: Chugai Igaku-sha, 1982;110–230. (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 4.Matsushita H. A study on the corrected incidences of fulminant hepatitis, acute hepatitis, chronic hepatitis, liver cirrhosis and hepatoma in Japan. The 1975 Annual Report of Research Group of Intractable Hepatitis, The Ministry of Health and Welfare of Japan. 1975;23-28. (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 8.A Comprehensive Research Project A, The Ministry of Education, Science and Culture of Japan. Basic studies on underlying mechanisms of the development of fulminant hepatitis (Chief investigator: Y. Muto, No. 01304038, 1989–1991) (in Japanese).Google Scholar
- 9.Tsutsui H, Mizoguchi Y, Yamamoto S, et al. Studies on experimentally-induced acute hepatic failure: Possible involvement of activated liver adherent cells. Cells of hepatic sinusoid. ed. Kirn A, Knook DL, Wisse E. The Kuppfer Cell Foundation, Netherland. 1986;307–314.Google Scholar
- 11.Ohnishi H, Muto Y, Maeda T, et al. Immunological mechanisms of impaired liver regeneration in fulminant hepatic failure (FHF). Hepatology 1991;14(Pt. 2):1 69A.Google Scholar
- 16.Kawada N, Mizoguchi Y, Kobayashi K, et al. Interferon-γ modulates production of interleukin-1 and tumor necrosis factor by murine Kupffer cells. Liver 1991;ll:24–47.Google Scholar
- 20.Chisari FV. Hepatitis B virus cytotoxic T cell response: Characteristics in and consequences in transgenic mice, (presented at International Liver Forum Tokyo ’92, Pathobiology of Hepatitis. Tokyo, April 14, 1992)Google Scholar
- 22.Muto Y. Clinical indication of liver transplantation in fulminant hepatitis. Gastroenterol Jpn 1992;27:429.Google Scholar