A case of malignant lymphoma in the liver treated by percutaneous ethanol injection therapy under peritoneoscopic observation
A 41-year-old woman with non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma in the liver was treated with percutaneous ethanol injection therapy. Ethanol injection was performed twice under ultrasonographic guidance for a lesion inside the liver and once under peritoneoscopic observation for lesions on the surface of the liver. CT performed after treatment showed that sizes of the lesions decreased and that the lesions were not enhanced by contrast medium, indicating Iack of blood supply and necrosis of the lesion. Ultrasonography performed after treatment did not show any lesions in the liver. There was no sign of recurrence or metastasis.
Key wordsmalignant lymphoma percutaneous ethanol injection therapy peritoneoscopy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Sugiura N, Takara K, Ohto M, et al: Percutaneous intratumoral injection of ethanol under ultrasound imaging for treatment of small hepatocellular carcinoma. Acta Hepat Jap 1983;24:920. (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 4.Sheu JC, Sung JL, Huang GT, et al: Intratumor injection of absolute ethanol under ultrasound guidance for the treatment of small hepatocellular carcinoma. Hepatogastroenterol 1987;34: 255–261.Google Scholar
- 5.Suyama Y, Horishi M, Ebisui S, et al: US guided intratumoral ethanol injection therapy to small liver cancer: clinical evaluation for twenty cases. J Jpn Soc Cancer Ther 1987;22:818–826. (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 6.Fujimoto T: The experimental and clinical studies of percutaneous ethanol injection therapy (PE1T) under ultrasonography for small hepatocellular carcinoma. Acta Hepat Jap 1988:29:52–59. (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 7.Ebara M, Nihei T, Ohto M: Intratumoral injection of absolute ethanol for treatment of small hepatocellular carcinoma. Naika 1988:61:665–669. (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 10.Shinagawa T, Lino Y, Ukaji H, et al: Percutaneous ethanol injection in the treatment of portal tumor thrombus in hepatocellular carcinoma. Acta Hepat Jap 1989:30:109. (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 11.Seki T, Nonaka T, Kubota Y, et al: Ultrasonically guided percutaneous ethanol injection therapy for hepatocellular carcinoma. Am J Gastroenterol 1989:84:400–1407.Google Scholar
- 14.Suchi T, Wakasa N, Mikata J, et al: Problem sin histopathologic diagnosis of Non-Hodgkin lymphoma: a proposal of a new classification. Saishinigaku 1979:34:2049–2062. (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 16.Kimura K, Sakai Y, Konda C, et al: Chemotherapy for malignant lymphoma. Sogorinsho 1971;20:1556–1562. (in Japanese)Google Scholar