A case of gallbladder cancer producing granulocyte-colony-stimulating factor
- 18 Downloads
A patient with pleomorphic giant cell carcinoma of the gallbladder also had mild neutrophilia, and this tumor was found to be human granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (G-CSF)-positive on immunohistochemical staining. CSF activity in urine and serum was not examined, but leukocytosis disappeared immediately after cholecystectomy. These findings suggest that this was a G-CSF-producing tumor.
Key wordscolony-stimulating factor gallbladder cancer giant cell carcinoma
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Hughes WF, Highley CS;Marked leukocytosis resulting from carcinogenesis. Ann Inter Med 1985;37:1058Google Scholar
- 3.Cline MJ: The White Cell. Cambridge: Harvard University Press 1975:156–183.Google Scholar
- 6.Okazaki H, Kano S, Hatake K, et al: A case of malignant pleural mesothelioma producing colony-stimulating factor (CSF). J Jpn Soc Intern Med 1989;78:4:22–27 (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 8.Sakamoto K, Egami H, Yoshimura R, et al: Colony-stimulating factor producing carcinoma of the gallbladder. Jpn J Cline Oncol 1986;16:87–96Google Scholar
- 9.Nishimaki T, Yoshida K, Takakuma K, et al: A case of carcinoma of the gallbladder producing colony stimulating factor (CSF). Jpn J Gastroenterol 1982;79:1336 (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 10.Tamaoki N, Ueyama Y: Use of nude mice and rats for analyzing human cancer products. In: Immune-Deficient Animals in Experimental Medicine. Karger, Basel. 1989;212–219Google Scholar
- 11.Shimamura K, Fujimoto J, Hata J, et al: Establishment of specific monoclonal antibodies against recombinant human granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (hG-CSF) and their application for immunoperoxidase staining of paraffin-embedded sections. J Histochem Cytochem 1990;38:283–286PubMedGoogle Scholar
- 13.Bradley TR, Metcalf D: The growth of mouse bone marrow cells in vitro. Aust J Exp Med 1966;44:287–300Google Scholar
- 22.Miura Y: Hematopoietic Stem Cells. In: Takaku F and Golde DW, ed. Dekker, New York. 1985:309Google Scholar