Evaluation of characteristic impedances of two conductor transmission lines with arbitrary dielectrics by moment methods under tem approximation
- 15 Downloads
In this paper the characteristic impedances for TEM or quasi-TEM transmission lines with arbitrary conductor cross-sections and dielectrics are calculated by moment methods. Formulation is based on the analysis for two dimensional electrostatic felds under the TEM approximation. Pulse functions are used for the expansion of the charge distribution and the point matching for testing. Numerical samples are given. Some are compared with those obtained by other methods. Results show that they are in good agreement.
KeywordsTransmission Line Free Charge Characteristic Impedance Moment Method Normal Electric Field
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- S. Ramo and J. R. Whinnery, Fields and Waves in Communication Electronics, John Wiley, New York, 1965.Google Scholar
- P. L. Arlett, et al., Application of Finite Elements to the Solution of Helmholtz’s Equation,Proc. Inst. of Elec. Eng.,115 (1968), 1762–1766.Google Scholar
- R. F. Harrington, Field Computation by Moment Methods, Macmillan Company, New York, 1968.Google Scholar
- R. F. Harrington, Introduction to Electromagnetic Engineering, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1958.Google Scholar
- R. E. Colline, Field Theory of Guided Waves, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1960.Google Scholar
- R. F. Harrington, Time-Harmonic Electrogranetic Fields, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1961.Google Scholar
- M. A. R. Gunston, Microwave Transmission Line Impedance Data, Van Nostrand Reinhold, London, 1972.Google Scholar