A new method of doppler centroid estimation for spaceborne SAR—Amplitude correlation method
- 39 Downloads
The linear relationship between Doppler centroid and range walking in spaceborne SAR data is analyzed, and a new method to estimate Doppler centroid is proposed, which is so called amplitude correlation method. Compared with clutter-lock method which is widely used now, the new method has much less computation burden and is able to give higher estimation accuracy for a quasi-homogeneous scene or a non-homogeneous scene. This is clearly verifled by the experimental results of estimating Doppler centroid for SEaSAT-A raw data.
Key wordsSpaceborne synthetic aperture radar Range walking Doppler centroid estimation Amplitude correlation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- F. K. Li, D. N. Held, J. Wu, C. Curlander,IEEE Trans. on GE,GE-23 (1985)1, 47–56.Google Scholar
- C. Wu, K. Y. Liu, M. Jin,IEEE Trans. on AES,AES-18(1982)5, 563–574.Google Scholar
- D. Wehner, High Resolution Radar. Norwood, MA: Artech House. 1987, Chap. 6.Google Scholar
- S. N. Madsen,IEEE Trans. on AES,AES-25(1989)2, 134–140.Google Scholar
- M. Y. Jin, C. Wu,IEEE Trans. on GE,GE-22(1984)11, 592–597.Google Scholar