Diagnostic ability of hepatobiliary scintigraphy
- 13 Downloads
Morphological aspects of biliary images were observed by the hepatobiliary scintigraphy using99mTc-PI (pyridoxylidene isoleucine). Our study was made mainly on the diagnostic ability of the scintigram in various hepatobiliary diseases.
Diagnostic findings were observed in 53.8% of the cases with intrahepatic stones and all cases with cholangioma. In the stone of the common bile duct and extrahepatic biliary cancer, the diagnostic findings were observed in 42.3% and 37.5% respectively. Hepatobiliary scintigraphy was less reliable for the diagnosis of the lesions in the gallbladder.
The findings by hepatobiliary scintigraphy were as same as those by X-ray basically. In the cases showing the diagnostic finding by hepatobiliary scintigraphy, it seems to be possible to distinguish the stone from the cancer. Contrary to X-ray picture, scintigram is inferior in the image. So, it is necessary to perform ERCP or PTC to investigate fully the hepatobiliary lesions.
Key Wordshepatobiliary scintigraphy gallstone biliary cancer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1).Kato M, et al:99mTc-(Sn)-pyridoxylidenevaline and99mTc-(Sn)-pyridoxylideneisoleucine: potential radioPharmaceuticals for hepatobiliary tract imaging. Jpn J Nucl Med l4: 927, 1977Google Scholar
- 3).Harvey EB, et al:99mTcHIDA a new radiopharmaceutical for hepatobiliary imaging. J Nucl Med 16: 533, 1975Google Scholar
- 4).Nakano S, et al: The hepatobiliary scan using99mTcpyridoxylideneisoleucine (99mTc-PI) and its clinical significance. Jpn J Nucl Med 15: 325, 1978Google Scholar
- 5).Takeda I, et al: The hepatobiliary scintigraphy using99mTc-pyridoxylideneisoleucine. The Saishin-Igaku 36:311, 1981Google Scholar
- 8).Kashiwagi T, et al: Clinical evaluation of hepatobiliary scintigraphy using99mTc-pyridoxylideneisoleucine. Jpn J Gastroenterol 76: 924, 1979Google Scholar