Finitely-presented groups with long lower central series
- 39 Downloads
We construct examples of finitely presented groupsG with the property that, ifG ω is the intersection of the lower central series ofG, then [G,G ω ] ≠G ω .
KeywordsExact Sequence Central Extension Algebraic Closure Inverse System Lower Central Series
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [B]A. Bousfield,Homological localization towers for groups and π-modules, Memoirs Am. Math. Soc. 186, Vol. 10.Google Scholar
- [Ho]J. Howie,How to generalize one-relator group theory, inCombinatorial Group Theory (S. Gersten and J. Stallings, eds.), Princeton University Press, Princeton, N.J., 1987.Google Scholar
- [L]J. Levine,Link concordance and algebraic closure of groups II, Invent. Math., to appear.Google Scholar
- [L1]J. Levine,Algebraic closure of groups, inCombinatorial Group Theory: Proceedings of Conference at University of Maryland, April 1988 (B. Fine, A. Gaglione and C. Y. Tang, eds.), Contemporary Mathematics, Vol. 109, Am. Math. Soc., 1990.Google Scholar
- [L3]J. Levine,Link concordance, Proceedings KIT Mathematics Workshop: Algebra and Topology (M. H. Kim and K. H. Ko, eds.), Korea Institute of Technology Mathematics Research Center, Taejon, Korea, 1988.Google Scholar
- [Le]J. Y. LeDimet,Cobordisme d’enlacements de disques, Bull. Soc. Math. France32 (1988), 116.Google Scholar
- [V]P. Vogel,Localization of spaces with respect to a class of maps, Univ. de Nantes, 1978, preprint.Google Scholar
© Hebrew University 1991