Estimates for the hyperbolic metric of the punctured plane and applications
- 135 Downloads
The hyperbolic metrich Ω of the twice punctured complex plane Ω is studied. A new recursive algorithm for computing the density λΩ ofh Ω is given. For a proper subdomainG of Ω we answer a question of G. Martin concerning quasiconformal mappings ofG that can be extended to the complement ofG as the identity map.
KeywordsSteklov Institute Conformal Mapping Quasiconformal Mapping Fuchsian Group Hyperbolic Distance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [AVV]G. D. Anderson, M. K. Vamanamurthy and M. Vuorinen,Conformal Invariants, Inequalities and Quasiconformal Mappings, Wiley, New York, 1997, 505 pp..Google Scholar
- [G]G. M. Goluzin,Method of variations in the theory of conformal representation II (in Russian), Matematicheskii Sbornik21 (1947), 83–115.Google Scholar
- [GrRy]I. S. Gradshteyn and I. M. Ryzhik,Tables of Integrals, Series, and Products, Academic Press, New York, 1965.Google Scholar
- [H]W. K. Hayman,Subharmonic Functions, Vol. 2, Academic Press, New York, 1989.Google Scholar
- [KK]S. L. Krushkal and R. Kühnau,Quasiconformal Mappings — New Methods and Applications (in Russian), “Nauka”, Novosibirsk, 1984.Google Scholar
- [Ku]G. V. Kuz’mina,Moduli of families of curves and quadratic differentials (Russian), Proceedings of the Steklov Institute of Mathematics139 (1980).Google Scholar
- [Min]D. Minda,Inequalities for the hyperbolic metric and applications to geometric function theory, Lecture Notes in Mathematics1275, Springer, Berlin-New York, 1987, pp. 235–252.Google Scholar
- [Q]S.-L. Qiu,Agard’s η-distortion function and Schottky’s theorem, Scientia Sinica, Series A26 (8) (1996), 683–690.Google Scholar
- [Sz]G. Szegö, In the book:Jahresbericht der Deutschen Mathematiker Vereinigung,32 (1923), p. 45.Google Scholar