A study of the Thomas-Reiche-Kuhn sum rule in finite nuclei
- 69 Downloads
Summary and conclusions
The theoretical evaluation of the TRK sum rule represents a good test for the nucleon-nucleon potential model and the ground-state description. In particular, the inclusion of dynamical medium-range correlations (of tensor type mainly) enhances the values of the total sum considerably.
The TRK sum can be studied even within the RPA framework of the nuclear excitations. The values obtained are strongly dependent on the effective potentials, while the self-consistent treatment of the nuclear ground state and effective forces is not crucial in the numerical results.
A clear comparison between theoretical calculations and experimental observations is limited by contradictory experimental results and by the difficulties of evaluating higher-multipole excitations and tail contribution to the integrated photonuclear cross-section.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- H. Arenhoevel: inProceedings of the International Conference on Nuclear Physics with Electromagnetic Interactions, Mainz. 1979, edited byH. Arenhoevel andD. Drechsel,Lecture Notes in, Physics, Vol.108 (Springer-Verlag, Berlin 1979), p. 159;O. Bohigas:Suppl. Prog. Theor. Phys.. 74, 380 (1983);J. Ahrens:Nucl. Phys. A,446, 229c (1985);M.M. Giannini and G. Ricco:Riv. Nuoro Cimento,8, No. 4 (1985).Google Scholar
- D. Drechsel: inProceedings on the IV Seminar on Electromagnetic Interactions of Nuclei at Low and Medium Energies, Moscow, 1977 (Academy of Science, Moscow, 1979), p. 293.Google Scholar
- O. Bohigas: inTheory and Applications of Moment Methods in Many-Fermion Systems, edited byB. J. Dalton.S. M. Grimes, J. P. Vary andS.A. Williams (Plenum Press, New York, N. Y., 1980).Google Scholar
- G. Orlandini: inFrom Collective States to Quarks in Nuclei, Proceedings of the Workshop on Nuclear Physics with Real and Virtual Photons, Bologna, 1980, edited byH. Arenhoevel andA. M. Saruis,Lecture Notes in Physics, Vol.137 (Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1981), p. 72.Google Scholar
- M. Pancheri: Thesis, Trento (Italy) (1983), unpublished.Google Scholar
- For review seeA. Arima: inProceedings of the International Conference on Nuclear Physics, Berkeley, 1980, edited byR. M. Diamond andJ. O. Rasmussen (North-Holland Publ. Co., Amsterdam, 1981), p. 19c.Google Scholar
- L. Michelini: Thesis, Trento (Italy) (1981), unpublished.Google Scholar
- J. I. Fujita andM. Ichimura: inMesons in Nuclei, edited byM. Rho andD. H. Wilkinson (North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1979), Chapt. 15 and references therein;E. Lipparini, S. Stringari and M. Traini:Nucl. Phys. A,293, 29 (1977).Google Scholar