Analysis of Boltzmann-Langevin dynamics in nuclear matter
- 10 Downloads
The Boltzmann-Langevin dynamics of harmonic modes in nuclear matter is analyzed within linear-response theory, both with an elementary treatment and by utilizing the frequency-dependent response function. It is shown how the source terms agitating the modes can be obtained from the basicBL correlation kernel by a simple projection onto the associated dual basis states, which are proportional to the RPA amplitudes and can be expressed explicitly. The source terms for the correlated agitation of any two such modes can then be extracted directly, without consideration of the other modes. This facilitates the analysis of collective modes in unstable matter and makes it possible to asses the accuracy of an approximate projection technique employed previously.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.P. Bonche, S.E. Koonin, and J.W. Negele, Phys. Rev. C13 (1979) 226Google Scholar
- 8.G.F. Bertsch, H. Kruse, and S. Das Gupta, Phys. Rev. C (1984) 673Google Scholar
- 21.J. Randrup, LBL-35848, in preparationGoogle Scholar
- 23.E.M. Lifshitz and L.P. Pitaevskii,Physical Kinetics, Pergamon Press, New York (1981)Google Scholar
- 24.S. Ayik and J. Randrup, Phys. Rev. C50 (1994) 115Google Scholar