Investigation of vibrational levels in226Ra by coulomb excitation and by the226Ra(d,pnγ) reaction
- 15 Downloads
Vibrational bands in226Ra were studied by Coulomb excitation and by the226Ra(d,pnγ) reaction. The first-excitedK π = 0+ and 1− bands with known band heads at 825 and 1049 keV, respectively, were extended up to the 8+ and 7− levels. A new 2+ level at 1110 keV and the known 2+ level at 1156 keV were observed following Coulomb excitation and interpreted asγ vibration and possible member of a second-exitedK π = 0+ band, respectively. TheE1 andE2 branching ratios from these vibrational bands to the ground and first-excited 0− band are explained within the rotational model including band mixings. No evidence was found for a 0+ level at 650 keV proposed earlier.
PACS23.20 25.40 27.90.+
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Zimmermann, R., Behrens, H., de Boer, J., Riess, F., Novotny, R., Pelte, D., Winkler, U.: Verh. Deut. Phys. Ges. 15, 1231 (1980)Google Scholar
- 5.Zimmermann, R.: Ph.D. thesis, University of München (1980)Google Scholar
- 9.Fleischmann, C.: Ph.D. thesis, University of München (1992)Google Scholar
- 10.Ackermann, B.: Ph.D. thesis, University of Bonn (1992)Google Scholar
- 11.Bohr, A., Mottelson, B.R.: Nuclear structure. Vol. II. Reading, Mass.: Benjamin 1975Google Scholar
- 13.Ackermann, B., Baltzer, H., Freitag, K., Günther, C., Herzog, P., Manns, J., Müller, U., Paulsen, R., Sevenich, P., Weber, T., Will, B., de Boer, J., Graw, G., Levon, A.I., Loewe, M., Lösch, A., Müller-Zanotti, E.: Z. Phys. A350, 13 (1994)Google Scholar
- 15.Baltzer, H., Freitag, K., Günther, C., Herzog, P., Manns, J., Müller, U., Paulsen, R., Sevenich, P., Weber, T., Will, B.: Z. Phys. A352, 47 (1995)Google Scholar