Characteristics of plasticity and external friction of friable materials for a heat-insulating jacket for pressing products of self-developing high-temperature synthesis
Regular features of compaction of sand and chamotte crumb in a closed matrix are studied for a wide range of pressing pressures. It is established that the elastic energy on the flow surface varies nonlinearly as a function of the porosity of the material, which indicates that the critical elastic energy is accumulated in a certain (active) part of the solid phase rather than in the whole of its volume. The main operating characteristics and their functional relations with the structural state of the material needed for the solution of the boundary problem of compaction of SHS products in a friable jacket are presented.
KeywordsCompaction Active Phase Elastic Energy Porous Body Side Pressure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. G. Merzhanov,Self-Developing High-Temperature Synthesis: Twenty Years of Research [in Russian], ISM RAN, Chernogolovka (1989).Google Scholar
- 2.V. N. Nikolaevskii,Mechanical Properties of Soil and the Theory of Plasticity, Itogi Nauki i Tekhniki, Mekh. Tverd. Deform. Tel, Vol. 6 [in Russian], VINITI (1972).Google Scholar
- 3.V. N. Nikolaevskii,Mechanics of Porous and Cracked Media [in Russian], Nedra, Moscow (1984).Google Scholar
- 4.I. F. Martynova and M. B. Shtern, “Plasticity equation for a porous body,”Poroshk. Metallurg., No. 1, 23–29 (1978).Google Scholar
- 5.Ya. E. Beigel'zimer, A. P. Getmanovskii, and L. I. Alistratov, “Plasticity condition for powders of solid-alloy mixtures,”Poroshk. Metallurg., No. 12, 11–15 (1986).Google Scholar
- 6.L. M. Kachanov,Fundamentals of the Theory of Plasticity [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1969).Google Scholar
- 7.A. K. Grigor'ev and A. I. Rudskoi,Deformation and Compaction of Powder Materials [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1992).Google Scholar
- 8.M. Yu. Bal'shin,Scientific Foundations of Powder and Fiber Metallurgy [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1972).Google Scholar
- 9.S. V. Mironets, L. I. Svistum, G. G. Serdyuk, and M. B. Shtern, “Determination of the compactibility, side pressure, and external friction of metallic powders,”Poroshk. Metallurg., No. 5, 12–14 (1990).Google Scholar
- 10.A. K. Karklit, A. P. Larin, S. A. Losev, and V. E. Vernikovskii,Production of Refractories by the Semidry Method [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1972).Google Scholar
- 11.G. N. Zhdanovich,Pressing Theory for Metal Powders [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1969).Google Scholar
- 12.I. V. Kragel'skii and I. É. Vinogradova,Friction Coefficients [in Russian], GNTIML, Moscow (1955).Google Scholar