Current state of steel-melting production and the technology for and raw-materials base of magnesia refractories in Ukraine
- 8 Downloads
The state of steel-melting production in Ukraine in 1991–1995 is considered. About 50% of the steel is produced in open-hearth furnaces. The imperfect structure of steel-melting production, the low quality of the refractory materials used, and the unstable operating conditions of steel-melting equipment determine the high specific consumption of magnesia refractories which exceeds that in the leading industrial countries by a factor of 2–3. The volume of out-of-furnace treatment of steel by the LF, AOD, ACEA—CKF, and VKO processes does not exceed 1% of the total yield.
KeywordsFerrous Metallurgy Specific Consumption Filler Powder Converter Production Slag Line
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. V. Polyakov, “Saving resources in ferrous metallurgy,”Stal', No. 4, 1–6 (1992).Google Scholar
- 2.P.K. Arro,Stal', No. 12 (1994).Google Scholar
- 3.A. P. Shkirmontov, E. V. Tret'yakov, A. F. Morshin, et al., “Production of steel and ferroalloys in capitalist and developing countries in 1991,”Chernaya Metallurgiya. Byul. NTI, No. 11, 3–27 (1992).Google Scholar
- 4.G. Routschka (ed.),Taschenbuch Feuerfeste Werkstoffe.2 Auflage, Vulkan-Verlag, Essen (1997).Google Scholar
- 5.L. B. Khoroshavin, “Structure of the production and use of magnesia refractories,”Ogneupory, No. 4, 24–26 (1995).Google Scholar
- 6.G. É. Solovushkova, M. A. Burova, I. F. Masover, et al., “State of the art and prospects of the development of refractories for basic conversions in ferrous metallurgy. Lining of steel-casting ladles,”Ogneupory, No. 2, 56–59 (1990).Google Scholar
- 7.I. T. Ochagova,Monolithic Cast Linings of Steel-Teeming Ladles in Foreign Countries, Review of Inf., Issue 2 [in Russian], Inst. Chermetinformatsiya, Moscow (1993).Google Scholar
- 8.G. Knyupel',Killing and Vacuum Treatment of Steel [Russian translation], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1984).Google Scholar
- 9.A. K. Karklit, V. A. Orlov, A. N. Sokolov, et al.,Refractories for Vacuum Metallurgical Installations [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1982).Google Scholar
- 10.V. M. Kravchenko and A. A. Gorbunova,Treatment of Steel in Ladles by Neutral Gases, Review of Inf., Issue 3 [in Russian], Inst. Chermetinformatsiya, Moscow (1987).Google Scholar
- 11.V. I. Yavoiskii, “Out-of-furnace treatment of metal,”Stal', No. 7, 578–580 (1980).Google Scholar