Investigation of the structure of the secondary flow in blade systems of francis turbines
Knowing the regularities of the change in the secondary flows in relation to the runner geometry, we can more validly solve the problem of its optimal design. For illustration we give an example of designing a runner of the RO-75 mixed-flow type in which owing to an improvement of its shape it was possible to substantially reduce secondary velocities and secondary energy losses compared with one of the presently best variants of the given type of runner .
KeywordsVorticity Secondary Flow Circumferential Direction Guide Vane Blade Surface
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. V. Viktorov, “The third two-dimensional problem for turbine blade systems”, Tr. MÉI, No. 259 (1975).Google Scholar
- 2.V. I. Klimovich, “Calculated estimate of secondary flows of an ideal fluid in the interblade channels of hydraulic machines”, Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk. Ser. Mekh. Zhidk. Gaza, No. 5 (1993).Google Scholar
- 3.G. Yu. Stepanov, Fluid Dynamics of Cascades of Hydraulic Machines [in Russian], Fizmatgiz, Moscow (1962).Google Scholar
- 4.K. Siverding, “Current achievements in investigating the characteristics of secondary flows in channels of turbine cascades”, Énerg. Mash. Ustan., No. 2 (1985).Google Scholar
- 5.A. V. Zakharov and G. I. Topazh, “Investigation of secondary inviscid fluid flows in the runner of a Francis turbine”, Gidrotekh. Stroit., No. 12 (1994).Google Scholar
- 6.A. V. Zakharov, “Secondary inviscid fluid flows in cascades of hydraulic machines”, Tr. PIMash. Ser. Konstruk. Rab. Protsess Gidroturb. (1996).Google Scholar
- 7.G. I. Topazh, Calculation of Integral Hydraulic Indices of Hydraulic Machines [in Russian], LGU, Leningrad (1989).Google Scholar
- 8.H. B. Squire and K. G. Winter, “The secondary flow in cascade of airfoils in a nonuniform stream”, Journ. Aeron. Sci., 18, No. 4 (1951).Google Scholar
- 9.A. V. Zakharov, N. V. Orgo, and G. I. Topazh, “Design of a high-speed mixed-flow runner of the RO-75 type”, Tr. PIMash. Ser. Konstruk. Rab. Protsess Gidroturb. (1996).Google Scholar