Nonnegative entropy production in the hydrodynamics of a multiparticle quantum system
- 17 Downloads
Compatibility is examined for the second law of thermodynamics and the author’s procedure for converting from quantum statistical mechanics to nonlocal hydrodynamics. The procedure involves the transition from statistics to hydrodynamics in a reversible fashion. It is shown that in this class of external forces, the law of nondecreasing entropy applies at least in the nonlinear perturbation theory approximation. This approach has advantages by comparison with other schemes for passing to the hydrodynamic limit.
KeywordsDensity Matrix Entropy Production Hydrodynamic Equation Quantum Statistical Mechanic Hydrodynamic Type
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.O. Yu. Dinariev, Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Fiz., No. 7, 34–38 (1995).Google Scholar
- 4.O. Yu. Dinariev, Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Fiz., No. 8, 61–66 (1996).Google Scholar
- 5.D. N. Zubarev, Nonequilibrium Statistical Thermodynamics [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1971).Google Scholar
- 6.S. De Groot and P. Mazur, Nonequilibrium Thermodynamics [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1964).Google Scholar
- 7.L. I. Sedov, Mechanics of Continuous Media [in Russian], Vol. 1, Nauka, Moscow (1973).Google Scholar
- 8.W. A. Day, Thermodynamics of Simple Media with Memory [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1974).Google Scholar
- 9.C. Trusdell, A Foundation Course on the Rational Mechanics of Continuous Media [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1975).Google Scholar