Peculiarities of cholinergic regulation of smooth muscles in rabbit pulmonary arteries
- 20 Downloads
Cholinergic contractile reactions of smooth muscles in rabbit pulmonary arteries were studied by mechanography. The muscarinic receptor agonist pilocarpine induced biphasic relaxation of mesatone- or potassium-precontracted segments from lobar pulmonary arteries with intact endothelium. The low-threshold endothelium-dependent component of pilocarpine-induced relaxation was suppressed by denudation or nitric oxide synthase blocker L-NAME.
Key Wordspulmonary arteries endothelium nitric oxide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. V. Kapilevich, M. B. Baskakov, I. V. Kovalev, and N. P. Larionov,Akt. Vopr. Kardiol., No. 7, 67–70 (1993).Google Scholar
- 2.L. V. Kapilevich, M. B. Baskakov, Ya. D. Anfinogenova,et al., Byull. Eksp. Biol. Med.,126, No. 12, 618–620 (1998).Google Scholar
- 3.V. P. Reutov and S. N. Orlov,Fiziol. Cheloveka,19, No. 1, 24–137 (1993).Google Scholar
- 4.M. F. Shuba and N. G. Kochemasova,Physiology of Vascular Smooth Muscles [in Russian], Kiev (1988).Google Scholar
- 5.C. Braer and C. Emery,Am. J. Physiol.,266, No. 4, Pt. 2. 1–16 (1994).Google Scholar
- 6.M. J. Kuchan and J. A. Frangos, Ibid.Am. J. Physiol.,266, No. 3, Pt. 1, 628–636 (1994).Google Scholar
- 7.Pulmonary Vascular Physiology and Pathophysiology, Eds. E. K. Weir and J. T. Reeves, New York (1989).Google Scholar
- 9.H. Toyoshima, Y. Nasa, and Y. Hashizume,Thromb. Res.,92, No. 2, 183–189 (1998).Google Scholar