Radiation-excited color centers in glass-ceramic materials
The effect of x-rays with quantum energy of about 30 keV on aluminum-oxide ceramics and neutron flux with an energy of about 10 MeV on lithium-aluminosilicate photosensitive glass ceramics was investigated, Exposure to the above forms of radiation was found to cause changes in the color of the materials, which could be attributed to excitation of color centers.
KeywordsFast Neutron Impurity Atom Color Center Anion Vacancy Photosensitive Glass
- 1.A. I. Berezhnoi, A. S. Krasnikov, V. I. Ivanova, and M. D. Krasnikova,Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Neorg. Mater.,10(12), 2242–2243 (1974).Google Scholar
- 2.A. S. Krasnikov, T. N. Sokolova, L. I. Mirkin, et al.,Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Neorg. Mater.,23(12), 2069–2073 (1987).Google Scholar
- 3.W. D. Kingery,An Introduction to Ceramics, [Russian translation], Stroiizdat, Moscow (1967).Google Scholar
- 4.Ya. I. Frenkel',An Introduction to the Theory of Metals [in Russian], Fizmatgiz, Moscow, 1958.Google Scholar
- 5.P. V. Kovtunenko,Physical Chemistry of Solids [in Russian], Vysshaya Shkola, Moscow (1993).Google Scholar