Ladle treatment of metal with the addition of wire
At the Third International Conference on Desulfurization
KeywordsDesulfurization Continuous Casting Impact Toughness Magnesite Calcium Aluminate
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.F. Faries and C. Graham, “Comparison of different calcium injection methods for production of aluminum-treated steels for billet casting,” Continuous Casting Meeting (1985).Google Scholar
- 2.R. Boom, J. Cijsouw, and A. Hamoen, Fifth International Conference on Ladle Metallurgy, Scaninject V., Part II, Lulea, Sweden (1989), p. 385.Google Scholar
- 3.G. M. Faulring, J. W. Farrell, and D. C. Hilty, Electric Furnace Conference Proceedings (1979), pp. 219–229.Google Scholar
- 4.E. T. Turkdogan, “Metallurgical consequences of calcium retention in liquid and solid steel,” Calcium Treatment Symposium, Glasgow (1988), p. 6.Google Scholar
- 5.J. W. Robinson, “Ladle treatment with steel clad metallic calcium wire,” Third International Conference on Refining of Iron and Steel by Powder Injection, Scaninject III, Pt. II (1983), pp. 17, 35.Google Scholar
- 6.K. Lovold, “Desulfurization by injection of magnesium into metal,” Ironmaking, No. 1, 4 (1980).Google Scholar
- 7.R. Piepenbrock and P. Schittly, “Desulfurizing pig iron with magnesium cored wire,” Steel Times, 236 (1986).Google Scholar
- 8.J. Cijouw, V. Knoop, F. Mensonides, and R. Sijmens, “Hot metal desulfurization by cored wire at Hoogovens BOS No. 1,” Fifth International Conference on Ladle Technology, Scaninject V, Part II, Lulea, Sweden (1989), p. 83.Google Scholar
- 9.J. Schade, A. S. Argyropoulos, and F. McLean, “Cored wire exothermic alloys for tundish metallurgy,” Transactions of the ISS, 53 (1990).Google Scholar
- 10.G. Tranell and C. L. Carey, “Modeling of tundish alloy mixing for ‘small-lot’ production,” Sixth International Conference on Refining Processes. Scaninject VI, Part II, Lulea, Sweden (1992), p. 221.Google Scholar
© Plenum Publishing Corporation 1997