Effect of the nature of the support on the activity of palladium catalysts for oxidation of carbon monoxide
We have studied the catalytic activity of TiN0.65, TiO2, Al2O3, and palladium catalysts supported on them in the oxidation of carbon monoxide. The order in which the activities of the supported catalysts vary, Pd/Al2O3>Pd/TiO2>Pd/TiN0.65, is the reverse of the activity series for the supports. This is explained by the effect of transfer of electron density from the palladium to the substrate.
KeywordsTiO2 Palladium Titanium Nitride Palladium Catalyst Metallic Character
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.G. A. Savel’eva, Author’s Abstract, Dissertation in competition for the academic degree of Doctor of Chemical Sciences, Kiev (1991).Google Scholar
- 4.M. Haruta, J. Jpn. Petrol. Inst.,37, No. 5, 480–491 (1994).Google Scholar
- 5.N. A. Boldyreva, V. A. Ostapyuk, and G. I. Korneichuk, Kat. Katal.,19, 62–65 (1981).Google Scholar
- 6.A. I. Kharlamov, N. V. Kirillova, and V. K. Yatsimirskii, Teor. Éksp. Khim.,17, No. 2, 215–230 (1981).Google Scholar
- 13.Catalyst Investigation Methods [in Russian], Mir, Moscow (1983).Google Scholar