Self-torque on a dual charged dumbbell
- 38 Downloads
We analyze some features of the electrodynamics of dual charges and we derive an expression for the self-torque in a simple model of extended dual charge, taking into account, consistently, the retarded condition we compare our results with those obtained for electric or magnetic charges only. The behaviour of a dual charge distribution is radically different from the behaviour of a purely electric or magnetic one.
Key wordsradiation raction rotatory motion dual charges duality transformations Liénard-Wiechert fields
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Arfken G. 1970,Mathematical Methods for Physicists, 2nd edn. (New York: Academic), pp. 269–70 and 366–7.Google Scholar
- Good R.H. and Nelson T.J. 1971,Classical Theory of Electric and Magnetic Fields (New York: Academic), pp. 260–5.Google Scholar
- Jiménez J.L. 1989,Ciencia 40, 257–74 (in Spanish).Google Scholar
- Jiménez J.L. and Campos I. 1995, inAdvanced Electromagnetism, Foundations, Theory and Applications, T.W. Barret and D.M. Grimes, eds. (Singapore: World Scientific), Chap. 16.Google Scholar
- Lorentz H.A. 1952,The Theory of Electrons, 2nd edn. (New York: Dover), pp. 48–9 and 252–4.Google Scholar