Products of conjugacy classes in Chevalley groups II. Covering and generation
- 51 Downloads
In this paper we establish a relationship between generating numbers and covering numbers of conjugacy classes in Chevalley groups over algebraically closed fields.
KeywordsConjugacy Class Algebraic Group Maximal Torus Chevalley Group Finite Simple Group
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [B] N. Bourbaki,Groupes et algèbres de Lie IV, V, VI, Hermann, Paris, 1968.Google Scholar
- [C2] R. W. Carter,Finite Groups of Lie Type, John Wiley & Sons, Chichester, 1993.Google Scholar
- [GS] N. Gordeev and J. Saxl,Products of conjugacy classes in Chevalley groups I. Extended covering numbers, Israel Journal of Mathematics, this volume.Google Scholar
- [Gu] R. M. Guralnick,Some applications of subgroup structure to probabilistic generation and covers of curves, inAlgebraic groups and their representations (R. W. Carter and J. Saxl, eds.), Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dodrecht, Boston, London, 1998, pp. 301–320.Google Scholar
- [St1] R. Steinberg,Lectures on Chevalley Groups, Yale University, 1967.Google Scholar
© Hebrew University 2002