Taking ID online:
- 46 Downloads
In summary, this author recommends that should an instructor decide to deliver an online instructional design course it is important to understand three things: 1. Recognize that as with any course, the content, delivery methods, and media used can be individualistic. You can shape the course to meet the needs of your students and the expectations of your institution. 2. Realize that the ideas presented in this article should be used as a guide. Differences in course requirements, accreditation standards, and other program factors may affect what can or needs to be accomplished. 3. Know that one of the first things your students will ask about (and call you on) is your own ability to design instruction. This author’s students asked about how this course was developed and how the instructional design process was implemented for this course.
KeywordsInstructional Design Distance Education Fall Semester Instructional Design Model Systematic Instructional Design
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Braxton, S., Bronico, K., & Looms, T. (1995). Instructional design methodologies and techniques. Retrieved January 11, 2002 fromhttp: //www.seas.gwu.edu/∼sbraxton/ lSD/isd_homepage.html. Google Scholar
- Blumenstyk, G. (1997, June 20). Some elite private universities get serious about distance learning.The Chronicle of Higher Education, 43(25), A23.Google Scholar
- Cagney, M. (1997, November 17). Distance learning to the rescue? Colleges pursue a competitive edge via the Internet.Christianity Today, 41(13), 68.Google Scholar
- “Distance education in higher education” (1997). National Center for Educational Statistics. Retrieved January 11, 2002 fromhttp: // nces.ed.gov/pubs98/distance/index.html Google Scholar
- “Distance education at postsecondary education institutions” (1999). National Center for Education Statistics retrieved January 11, 2002 fromhttp://nces.ed.gov/pubs98/ distance/index.html Google Scholar
- Ertmer, P. & Quinn, J. (1999). The ID casebook: Case studies in instructional design. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Merrill.Google Scholar
- Fadrdouly, N. (1999). Instructional design of learning materials. Retrieved January 11, 2002 fromhttp:// www fbe.unsw.edu.au/learning/ imtructkmddesign/rwterials.htm#addie. Google Scholar
- Gubernick, L. & Ebeling, A. (1997, June 16). I got my degree through e-mail. Forbes, 159(12), 84.Google Scholar
- Ryder, M. (1999). Instructional design models. Retrieved fromhttp:// www.cudenver.edul∼mryder/itcjlatal idmodels.html. Google Scholar
- Web site Address: The URL for this class is:http://www.emporia.edu/teach/ id/design.htm (Our server is case sensitive.)Google Scholar