Mössbauer study of the effect of iron substitution by nickel on the1A1 5T2 spin transition in Fe(4- amino- 1,2,4- triazole)3(NO3)2
- 38 Downloads
Solid phases of FexNi1- x- (ATr)3(NO3)2(0.2) ≤x ≤1, having a polymer chain structure, were studied by Mössbauer spectroscopy at 295 and 78 K The dependences of the fraction of the high- spin form and of the area and parameters of the spectra on the relative content of nickel in the samples were measured. As the iron atoms are substituted by the nickel atoms, the fraction of the high- spin form, the ionicity of Fe- N chemical bonds, and the degree of distortion of the octahedral environment of iron atoms in the low- spin form increase. A model explaining these effects is suggested. When the iron atoms are substituted by the nickel atoms, an effect of “softening“ of the vibrational spectrum of the crystal lattice for the low- spin form of the complex takes place.
KeywordsVibrational Spectrum Iron Atom Spin Transition Nickel Atom M6ssbauer Spectrum
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 13.L. G. Lavrenova, V. N. Ikorskii, V. A. Varnek, et al.,Zh. Strukt. Khim.,34, No. 6, 145–151 (1993).Google Scholar
- 14.V. A. Varnek and L. G. Lavrenova,ibid.,35, No. 6, 103–112 (1994).Google Scholar
- 15.Yu. G. Shvedenkov, V. N. Ikorskii, L. G. Lavrenova, et al.,ibid.,38, No. 4, 701–708 (1997).Google Scholar
- 16.V. A. Varnek,ibid.,34, No. 5, 188–189 (1993).Google Scholar
- 17.L. G. Lavrenova, V. N. Ikorskii, V. A. Varnek, et al.,Koordinate. Khim.,16, No. 5, 654–661 (1990).Google Scholar
- 18.V. A. Varnek,Zh. Strukt. Khim.,35, No. 6, 94–102 (1994).Google Scholar
- 19.V. A. Varnek, L. G. Lavrenova, and V. A. Shipachev,ibid.,37, No. 1, 187–191 (1996).Google Scholar
- 20.N. V. Bausk, S. B. érenburg, L. G. Lavrenova, and L. N. Mazalov,ibid.,36, No. 6, 1012–1019 (1995).Google Scholar
- 21.K. Ballhausen,Introduction to Ligand Field Theory, McGraw-Hill, New York (1962).Google Scholar
- 22.D. J. Vaughan and J. R. Craig,Mineral Chemistry of Metal Sulfides, Cambridge University Press, New York (1978).Google Scholar