Efficiency Of Amorphous Aluminosilicophosphate Protective Coatings For Niobium And Niobium Alloys
Results of optimization of the composition and technology of depositing amorphous aluminosilicophosphate coatings for protecting niobium and niobium-base alloys from the action of oxygen of the ambient at an elevated temperature and the resulting loss of plasticity are presented. Forced and long-duration thermal tests of specimens with coatings have been conducted and proved the effectiveness of the designed coatings. Experimental data on temperature dependences of the thermal conductivity and the rate of loss of mass of the material of the coatings in vacuum are presented.
KeywordsNiobium Thermal Test Uncoated Specimen Niobium Alloy Molybdenum Disilicide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.A. I. Borisenko and K. A. Vyashchenko,Increasing the Corrosion Resistance of Protective Coatings [in Russian], Nauka, Leningrad (1983).Google Scholar
- 3.M. S. Tsyrlin, A. V. Kasatkin, and G. M. Anurova,“A protective coating for niobium alloys,” in:Diffusion Saturation and Coatings on Metals [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1983), pp. 88–91.Google Scholar
- 4.G. P. Sedmale, I. V. Zviedre, and U. Ya. Sedmalis,“Coatings based on refractory glasses and molybdenum disilicide for protecting niobium,” in:Anticorrosion Coatings [in Russian], Nauka, Leningrad (1983), pp. 198–204.Google Scholar
- 5.S. S. Solntsev, Yu. K. Kapitonov, and V. A. Rosenenkova,“A study of the interaction between coatings and alloys based on refractory metals,” in:Ibid., pp. 57–62.Google Scholar
- 6.V. P. Kobyakov, G. P. Sedmale, R. A. Tsimdin’sh, et al.,“Glass-enamel coatings for niobium and niobium alloys,”Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Neorg. Mater,24(4), 676–679 (1988).Google Scholar
- 7.V. P. Kobyakov, O. F. Kozlov, V. I. Uvarov, et al.,“Amorphous coatings for protection and electric insulation of niobium alloys at elevated temperatures,” in:Nuclear Engineering in Space,Abs. Rep. Branch Anniversary Conf., Obninsk, May 1990,Part 1 [in Russian], pp. 224–225.Google Scholar
- 8.G. P. Sedmale, R. A. Tsimdin’sh, and V. P. Kobyakov,“Vitreous protective coatings for niobium,” in:Corrosion-Resistant Coatings [in Russian], Nauka, St. Petersburg (1992), pp. 195–200.Google Scholar
- 9.B. Ya. Dynkina, V. P. Kobyakov, S. P. Mitrofanova, et al.,“A study of the structure and phase composition of oxygen-bearing niobium,”Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Metally, No. 4, 114–118 (1986).Google Scholar
- 10.V. P. Kobyakov, O. F. Kozlov, V. I. Uvarov, and D. L. Tsetskhladze,“Electroinsulating properties of protective coatings for niobium,”Steklo Keram., No. 6,26–27 (1992).Google Scholar