Effect of calcium(II) ions on the radiation-induced free-radical fragmentation of dimyristoyl phosphatidylglycerol as a constituent of model membranes
- 33 Downloads
The effect of Ca2+ ions on the radiation-initiated reaction of free-radical fragmentation of dimyristoyl phosphatidylglycerol arranged as monolamellar and multilamellar liposomes was examined. It was found that the formation of the reaction products dimyristoyl phosphatidic acid and hydroxy acetone was considerably reduced in the presence of Ca2+ ions at all γ-irradiation doses examined regardless of the type of model membranes.
KeywordsPhosphatidic Acid Model Membrane High Energy Chemistry Multilamellar Liposome Dimyristoyl
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Polivoda, B.I., Konev, V.V. and Popov, G.A.,Biofizicheskie aspekty radiatsionnogo porazheniya biomembran (Biological Aspects of Radiation Damage of Biomembranes), Moscow: Energoatomizdat, 1990.Google Scholar
- 2.Kisel’, M.A., Shadyro, O.I. and Yurkova, I.L.,Khim. Vys. Energ., 1997, vol. 31, no. 2, p. 99 [High Energy Chem. (Engl. transl.), 1997, vol. 31, no. 2, p. 80].Google Scholar
- 4.Karasev, A.L., Petryaev, E.P., Shadyro, O.I., and Rukhlya, A.N.,Khim. Vys. Energ., 1982, vol. 16, no. 4, p. 371.Google Scholar
- 8.Kagawa, Ya.,Biomembranes, Tokyo: Iwanami Shoten, 1978. Translated under the titleBiomembrany, Moscow: Vysshaya Shkola, 1985.Google Scholar
- 9.Ivkov, V.G. and Berestovskii, G.N.,Dinamicheskaya struktura lipidnogo bisloya (The Dynamic Structure of the Lipid Bilayer), Moscow: Nauka, 1981.Google Scholar