Uniqueness and existence of Whittaker models for the metaplictic group
- 125 Downloads
We introduce the notion of Whittaker models for representations of a metaplectic covering group of GL (2) and establish the uniqueness and existence of such models. Our results generalize corresponding results of Jacquet-Langlands, but the methods are new.
KeywordsModular Form Automorphic Form Double Coset Ordinary Representation Bruhat Decomposition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.S. Gelbart and I. Piatetski-Shapiro,On Shimura’s correspondence for modular forms of half-integral weight, to appear in Proc. Internat. Colloq. on Automorphic Forms, Representation Theory, and Arithmetic, Bombay, January 1979.Google Scholar
- 4.S. Gelbart and I. Piatetski-Shapiro,Distinguished representations and modular forms of half-integral weight, submitted to Invent. Math.Google Scholar
- 5.R. Godement,Notes on Jacquet-Langlands Theory, Institute for Advanced Study, Princeton, 1970.Google Scholar
- 7.T. Kubota,Automorphic Functions and the Reciprocity Law in a Number Field, Kyoto University, 1969.Google Scholar
- 8.S. Lang, SL2(R), Addison-Wesley, 1975.Google Scholar