The influence of glycine on EEG parameters and sensorimotor activity in normal and alcoholic subjects
- 25 Downloads
The influence of a pharmaceutical preparation of glycine on the EEG and the quality of sensorimotor activity of healthy subjects and alcoholics was studied during the performance of a test on pursuing tracking. Subjects with left-sided dominance of spatial synchronization of cortical biopotentials in the posterofron-totemporal areas under conditions of quiet wakefulness with open eyes were found to have an advantage in performing this kind of activity. Glycine normalized pathological changes of cortical activity and, under certain conditions, improved sensorimotor parameters of operator activity.
KeywordsLeft Hemisphere Test Subject Cortical Activity Posterior Region Spatial Synchronization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Skvortsova, V.I., Gusev, E.I., Komissarova, I.A.,et al., Complex Cliniconeurophysiological Investigation of the Pharmaceutical Preparation of Glycine in the Acute Phase of Ischemic Insult,Zh. Nevropatol. Psikhiatr. im. S.S. Korsakova, 1995, no. 1, p. 11.Google Scholar
- 2.Mashkova, V.M., Volkov, V.G., Kulikov, M.A., and Komissarova, I.A., Glycine as a Means for Correcting the Functional State of Patients with Opiate Addiction,Fiziol. Chel. (Moscow), 1996, vol. 22, no. 4, p. 50.Google Scholar
- 3.Volkov, V.G. and Mashkova, V.M.,Metody i ustroistva dlya otsenki funktsional’nogo sostoyaniya i urovnya rabotosposobnosti cheloveka-operatora (Methods and Equipment for Evaluating the Functional State and the Level of Capacity for Work of a Man-Operator), Moscow: Nauka, 1993.Google Scholar
- 4.Livanov, M.N., Korol’kova, T.A., and Sviderskaya, N.E., Spatial Synchronization of Bioelectrical Activity of Cerebral Cortex as an Index of Intellectual Capacity of a Person, inDiagnostika i prognozirovanie funktsional’nogo sostoyaniya mozga cheloveka (Diagnosis and Prognosis of the Functional State of the Human Brain). Moscow: Nauka, 1988, p. 7.Google Scholar
- 5.Sviderskaya, N.E., Butneva, L.S., and Korol’kova, T.A., Topographical Mapping of the Coherent Structures of Electrical Activity of the Human Brain,I Soveshchanie po kartirovaniyu mozga (I Conference on Mapping of the Brain), Moscow, 1991, p. 95.Google Scholar
- 6.Shapkov, Yu.A., Anisimov, N.P., Gerasimov, Yu.G., and Romanov, S.P.,Regulyatsiya sledyashchikh dvizhenii (Pursuing Movement Regulation), Leningrad: Nauka, 1988.Google Scholar