Scintillation properties of materials based on liquid crystals in static and dynamic states
- 53 Downloads
The results of investigations of the characteristics of a series of liquid-crystal-based scintillators are presented. Solutions of the scintillators with the R6 green scintillation additive have light yields of 58–120% of anthracene, and their fluorescence decay times range from 6.9 to 14.5 ns. The characteristics were studied under conditions in which scintillating media were in the conventional equilibrium and nonequilibrium states. These states were created by various types of external actions or changes in the experimental conditions. The characteristics of the new composite materials based on various gels saturated with scintillating solutions are presented. The possibilities of sing the new scintillating materials in order to improve the characteristics of particle detectors are explored.
KeywordsLight Yield Liquid Scintillator Isotropic Liquid 5ocb Fluorescence Decay Time
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Barnik, M.I., Yudin, S.G., Vasil'chenko, V.G.,et al., Preprint of Inst. of High Energy Phys., Protvino, 1998, no. 98–65.Google Scholar
- 2.Kapustin, A.P.,Eksperimental’nye issledovaniya zhidkikh kristallov (Experimental Studies of Liquid Crystals), Moscow: Nauka, 1978.Google Scholar
- 3.Chandrasekhar, S.,Liquid Crystals, Cambridge: Cambridge Univ. Press, 1977.Google Scholar
- 4.Tsukruk, V.V. and Shilov, V.V.,Struktura polimernykh zhidkikh kristallov (Structure of Polymer Liquid Crystals), Kiev: Naukova Dumka, 1990.Google Scholar
- 5.Vasil'chenko, V.G., Golovkin, S.V., Zimin, K.V.,et al., Prib. Tekh. Eksp., 1997, no. 2, p. 32 [Instrum. Experim. Tech. (Engl. Transl.), 1997, vol. 40, no. 2, p. 175].Google Scholar
- 6.Buontempo, S., Vasil'chenko, V.G., Galeazzi, F.,et al., Prib. Tekh. Eksp., 1988, no. 1, p. 64, [Instrum. Experim. Tech. (Engl. Transl.), 1998, vol. 41, no. 1. p. 56].Google Scholar
- 8.Vasil’chenko, V.G., Golovkin, S.V., and Solov'ev, A.S.,Prib. Tekh. Eksp., 1998, no. 1, p. 61 [Instrum. Experim. Tech. (Engl. Transl.), 1998, vol. 41, no. 1, p. 69].Google Scholar
- 9.Britvich, G.I., Vasil'chenko, V.G., and Solov'ev, A.S.,Prib. Tekh. Eksp., 1998, no. 1, p. 57 [Instrum. Experim. Tech. (Engl. Transl.), 1998, vol. 41, no. 4, p. 490].Google Scholar
- 10.Britvich, G.I., Vasil'chenko, V.G., galeazzi, F.,et al., Prib. Tekh. Eksp., 1998, no. 1, p. 57 [Instrum. Experim. Tech. (Engl. Transl.), 1998, vol. 41, no. 1, p. 49].Google Scholar
- 14.Nuclear Enterprise (G.B.) LTD. Catalogue, 1967, p. 5.Google Scholar
- 17.Arakelyan, S.M. and Chilingaryan, Yu.S.,Nelineinaya optika zhidkikh kristallov (Nonlinear Optics of Liquid Crystals), Moscow: Nauka, 1984.Google Scholar