Physicochemical properties of pressure-synthesized lithium fullendes
- 17 Downloads
LinC60 fullendes were prepared by high-pressure solid-state reactions and characterized by IR spectroscopy and x-ray diffraction. The results are interpreted in terms of a sequence of phase transformations induced by Li incorporation. At low Li contents, 2 <n < 3, a one-dimensional polymer with an orthorhombic structure is formed. Higher Li contents give rise to the formation of a mixture of dimeric and polymeric phases. At n = 5.7, only a dimeric phase with a triclinic structure is formed. In the range 7.1 <n < 10.1, the size of Li clusters increases and a dimeric monoclinic phase forms.
KeywordsFullerene Molar Volume Orthorhombic Phase Triclinic Structure Monoclinic Cell
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Marques, L., Hodeau, J.-L., Nunez-Regueiro, M., and Perroux, M., Pressure and Temperature Diagram of Polymerized Fullerite,Phys. Rev. B: Condens. Matter, 1996, vol. 54, no. 18, pp. 12633–12636.Google Scholar
- 2.Savchenkova, A.P., Avdeev, V.V., Zubareva, N.A.,et al., Physicochemical Properties of Lithium Fullerides,Zh. Fiz. Khim., 1998, vol. 72, no. 7, pp. 1324–1326.Google Scholar
- 3.Zubareva, N.A., Savchenkova, A.P., Mitronova, G.Yu.,et al.,Infrared Spectra of High-Temperature and High- Pressure Lin C 60 Phases,Neorg. Mater., 1998, vol. 34, no. 12, pp. 1444–1449 [Inorg. Mater. (Engl. Transi.), vol. 34, no. 12, pp. 1218–1221].Google Scholar
- 4.Mitronova, G.Yu., Savchenkova, A.P., Maiorova, A.F.,et al., Incorporation of Lithium in C60 from the Liquid or Solid Phase,Dokl. Akad. Nauk, 1996, vol. 348, no. 4, pp. 491–493.Google Scholar
- 5.Oszlanyi, G., Bortel, G., Faigel, G.,et al., Dimerization in KC60 and RbC60,Phys. Rev. B: Condens. Matter, 1995, vol. 51, no. 18, pp. 12 228–12 232.Google Scholar