Spectroscopic study of Co-doped BaTiO3 thin films
- 50 Downloads
Co-doped BaTiO3 thin films with the perovskite structure were prepared by pyrolysis of metalorganic compounds. According to optical-absorption and luminescence data, the introduction of Co had an insignificant effect on the Curie temperatureT C of the films (about 120δC), presumably because of the competitive effects of the Co dopant, reducingT C , and the large compressive strain due to the thermal expansion mismatch, raisingT C . An absorption band tentatively attributed to a small-radius polaron was observed in the near-infrared spectral region.
KeywordsBaTiO3 Optical Absorption Spectrum Barium Titanate Thermal Expansion Mismatch Cobalt Acetate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Jona, F. and Shirane, G.,Ferroelectric Crystals, Oxford: Pergamon, 1962. Translated under the titleSegnetoelektricheskie kristally, Moscow: Mir, 1965.Google Scholar
- 2.Bursian, E.V.,Nelineinyi kristall titanat bariya (Nonlinear Crystal Barium Titanate), Moscow: Nauka, 1974.Google Scholar
- 3.Tsoufova, P., Arend, G., and Novak, I., Structural and Physical Properties of Co-Doped Barium Titanate Crystals,Kristallografiya, 1964, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 113–115.Google Scholar
- 4.Kudzin, A.Yu., Dielectric Properties of Co-Doped Barium Titanate Crystals,Kristallografiya, 1962, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 799–802.Google Scholar
- 6.Glozman, I.A.,P’ezokeramika (Piezoceramics), Moscow: Energiya, 1972.Google Scholar
- 7.Gakh, S.G., Myasnikova, T.P., Bunina, O.A., and Yusman, T.A., Structure and Optical Properties of Thin Films of PbTiO3 and BaTiO3,Neorg. Mater., 1995, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 373–376 [Inorg. Mater. (Engl. Transi.), vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 345–347].Google Scholar
- 8.Dudkevich, V.P. and Fesenko, E.G.,Fizika segnetoelektricheskikh plenok (Physics of Ferroelectric Films), Rostov-on-Don: Rostov. Gos. Univ., 1979.Google Scholar
- 9.Zametin, V.M., Yakubovskii, M.A., and Rabkin, L.M., Phase-Transition-Induced Anomalies in the Absorption Edge,Fiz. Tverd. Tela (Leningrad), 1979, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 491–498.Google Scholar
- 11.Myasnikova, T.P., Gakh, S.G., and Evseeva, R.Ya., Optical Spectra and Phase Transitions of Fe- and Co-Doped Barium Titanate Crystals,Kristallografiya (in press).Google Scholar