Effects of growth-charge purity and perfection of Bi0.5Sb1.5Te3 single crystals on their thermoelectric properties
- 46 Downloads
Bi0.5Sb1.5Te3 crystals, undoped and doped with 4 mol % Bi2Se3, were grown by the floating-crucible technique, using starting materials of 99.9999 or 99.99% purity. The perfection of the crystals (mosaic blocks, second-phase inclusions, dislocation density) was correlated with growth conditions. The elemental composition of several samples was determined by electron probe x-ray microanalysis. The room-temperature electrical conductivity, thermal conductivity, thermoelectric power, carrier concentration, and effective mass and mobility of holes were determined. In the range from 100 to 400 K, the electrical conductivity, thermoelectric power, thermal conductivity, and thermoelectric figure of merit of the crystals were measured.
KeywordsThermoelectric Property Thermoelectric Power Misorientation Angle Perfect Crystal Zmax
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ivanova, L.D. and Granatkina, Yu.V., Thermoelectric Properties of Single Crystals in the Bi2Te3-Sb2Te3-Bi2Se3 System,Neorg. Mater., 1993, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 193–196 [Inorg. Mater. (Engl. Transi.), vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 136–138].Google Scholar
- 2.Semenyuk, V.A., Ivanova, L.D., and Svechnikova, T.E., Specific Features of Utilizing Bismuth Antimony Chalcogenide Single Crystals in Miniature Coolers,Neorg. Mater., 1995, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 32–36 [Inorg. Mater. (Engl. Transi.), vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 29–33].Google Scholar
- 3.Ivanova, L.D. and Sidorov, Yu.A., Electrical Properties of Se-Doped Bi0.5Sb1.5Te3 Crystals,Neorg. Mater., 1998, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 290–293 [Inorg. Mater. (Engl. Transi.), vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 222–224].Google Scholar
- 4.Ivanova, L.D., Sussmann, H., Reinshaus, P., and Dietrich, Th., Application of Scanning Thermo-Probe Technique for Homogeneity Determination of Bi0.5Sb1.5Te3 Single Crystals,XIV Int. Conf. on Thermoelectrics, St. Petersburg, 1995, pp. 13–15.Google Scholar
- 5.Ivanova, L.D., Granatkina,Yu.V., Polikarpova, N.V., and Smirnova, E.I., Selenium-Doped Sb2Te3-Bi2Te3 Crystals,Neorg. Mater., 1997, vol. 33, no. 6, pp. 669–673 [Inorg. Mater. (Engl. Transl.), vol. 33, no. 6, pp. 558–561].Google Scholar