Kinetics of chemically conjugate reactions of metal dissolution in the presence of oxidant
- 25 Downloads
Metal dissolution in the presence of oxidant is described under the assumption that the reactions of metal ionization and oxidant reduction are interrelated via common intermediate species. This chemical conjugation provides a possibility for metal ionization under the cathodic polarization and oxidant reduction under the anodic polarization relative to the equilibrium potential of the corresponding reaction. The kinetic equations derived under the assumption of low surface coverage with the adsorbed species show that the coincidence of the electrons number, participating in the formation of common species in the metal ionization and oxidant reduction may result in the appearance of a kinetic term independent of the electrode potential and corresponding to a so-called abnormal metla dissolution under the cathodic polarization.
KeywordsAnodic Polarization Electrode Reaction Cathodic Polarization Cathodic Reaction Oxidant Reduction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Zartsyn, I.D., Vvedenskii, A.V., and Marshakov, I.K.,Zashch. Met., 1994, vol. 30, no. 4, p. 544.Google Scholar
- 2.Zartsyn, I.D. and Marshakov, A.I.,ibid.,, 1996, vol. 32, no. 4, p. 422.Google Scholar
- 3.Zartsyn, I.D., Shugurov, A.E., and Marshakov, I.K.,ibid.,, 1997, vol. 33, no. 5, p. 453.Google Scholar
- 4.Marshakov, A.I. and Ignatenko, V.E.,Elektrokhimiya, 1984, vol. 20, no. 4, p. 575.Google Scholar
- 7.Kasparova, O.V. and Kolotyrkin, Ya.M.,Itogi Nauki Tekh., Ser.: Korroz. Zashch. Korroz, Moscow: VINITI, 1981, vol. 8, p. 51.Google Scholar
- 8.Damaskin, B.B. and Petrii, O.A.,Vvedenie v elektrokhimicheskuyu kinetiku (Introduction to Electrochemical Kinetics), Moscow: Vysshaya Shkola, 1983, p. 347.Google Scholar
- 9.Kolotyrkin, Ya.M. and Florianovich, G.M.,Zashch. Met., 1982, vol. 20, no. 1, p. 14.Google Scholar
- 13.Caplan, S. and Essig, A.,Bioenergetics and Linear Nonequilibrium Thermodynamics, Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1983.Google Scholar
- 14.Tomashov, N.D. and Mikhailovskii, Yu.N., Abstracts of Papers,Vsesoyuznoe soveshchanie po elektrokhimii (All-Union Conf. on Electrochemistry), Moscow: Akad. Nauk SSSR, 1959, p. 502.Google Scholar