Creation of nanostructures on nickel thin films by STM
A scanning tunneling microscope (STM) has been used to create nanostructures on nickel thin films. A systematic procedure for the creation of such structures has been developed. Various possible mechanisms involved in such creations have been discussed. Based on our observations, a field-induced suction of the plastically deformed surface has been proposed.
KeywordsNickel thin film nanostructures STM
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- McCord M A and Pease R F W 1986J. Vac. Sci. Technol. B4 86Google Scholar
- McCord M A and Pease R F W 1987J. Vac. Sci. Technol. B5 430Google Scholar
- McCord M A and Pease R F W 1988J. Vac. Sci. Technol. B6 293Google Scholar
- Rao M V H and Mathur B K 1993Indian J. Pure Appl. Phys. 31 574Google Scholar
- Schmmel Th, Eng L, Fuchs H and Lux-steiner M 1992Ann. Chim. Fr. 17 205Google Scholar
- Staufer U, Wiesendanger R, Eng L, Rosenthaler L, Hidber H R, Guntherodt H J and Garcia N 1988J. Vac. Sci. Technol. A6 537Google Scholar
- Tsong T T 1991Phys. Rev. B44 13703Google Scholar