Characterization of the mutant recombinant strainPseudomonas putida IPM-36 exhibiting anticipating growth on a medium containing an inducer of thecry3A gene expression
- 21 Downloads
Induction of the expression of the 8-endotoxin gene fromBacillus thuringiensis var.tenebrionis in the recombinant strainPseudomonas putida IPM-36 negatively affected the viability and the growth rate of the culture. In order to optimize the insecticide production by the recombinant strain, mutant clones exhibiting anticipating growth on an inducer-containing medium were selected and studied. These clones differed in such aspects as the localization of mutations (either in plasmid pBTN11, carrying thecry3A gene, or in the chromosome), growth rate, or the level of δ-endotoxin synthesis after induction. Several obtained mutants proved much superior toP. putida IPM-36 in their structural and segregation stability, although they were as efficient as the original strain with respect to the production of the insecticide protein Cry3A.
Key wordsδ-endotoxin induction gene expression growth rate genetic stability Pseudomonas putida
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Weinreich, M.D., Yigit, H., and Reznikoff, W.S., Overexpression of the Tn5 Transposase inEscherichia coli Results in Filamentation, Aberrant Nucleoid Segregation, and Cell Death: Analysis of Escherichia coli and Transposase Suppressor Mutations,J. Bacteriol., 1994, vol. 176, no. 17, pp. 5494–5504.PubMedGoogle Scholar
- 5.Koretskaya, N.G., Svetoch, O.E., Loseva, O.I., and Dobritsa, A.P., Induced Synthesis of Coleoptera-Specific Insecticidal Protein ofBacillus thuringiensis in Cells ofPseudomonas putida, Biotekhnologiya, 1995, vol. 9/10, pp. 8–13.Google Scholar
- 8.Koretskaya, N.G., Loseva, O.I., Gerasimov, V.N., Pryamchuk, S.D., Svetoch, O.E., and Dobritsa, A.P., Expression of the S-EndotoxincryIIIA Gene ofBacillus thuringiensis in a RecombinantPseudomonas putida Strain under the Control of thePm Promoter and the Regulator GenexylS, Mikrobiologiya, 1998, vol. 67, no. 3, pp. 349–355.Google Scholar
- 10.Maniatis, T., Fritsch, E.F., and Sambrook, J.,Molecular Cloning: A Laboratory Manual, Cold Spring Harbor: Cold Spring Harbor Lab., 1982. Translated under the titleMolekulyarnoe klonirovanie, Moscow: Mir, 1984.Google Scholar
- 11.Pirt, S.J.,Principles of Microbe and Cell Cultivation, Oxford: Blackwell, 1975. Translated under the titleOsnovy kul’tivirovaniya mikroorganizmov i kletok, Moscow: Mir, 1978.Google Scholar