Determination of UV-absorbing anions in environmental samples by microcolumn high-performance liquid chromatography
The Chromatographic retention and separation of NO 2 - , Br-, NO 3 - , and I- anions on a column packed with Nucleosil 100-5 C18 dynamically modified with trimethyloctadecylammonium bromide (TMODAB) was studied using direct UV detection. A procedure was developed for the determination of the above anions in the concentration range 0.06-2500 Μg/L without preconcentration. Sample preparation involved only the elimination of organic impurities (if present) from the test sample. The procedure was used for the determination of NO 2 - and NO 3 - anions in Baikal Lake water and in an aerosol extract.
KeywordsNitrite Spectral Ratio Sodium Fluoride Organic Impurity Chromatographic Retention
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Rukovodstvo po khimicheskomu analizu poverkhnostnykh vod sushi (A Guide on Chemical Anal.ysis of Land Surface Waters), Semenov, A.D., Ed., Leningrad: Gidromet, 1977.Google Scholar
- 2.Wang, G. and Sun, Y.,Chitn. J. Environ. Sci., 1990, vol. 11, p. 87.Google Scholar
- 4.Breitkopf, K.,Labor. Praxis., 1994, vol. 18, p. 64.Google Scholar
- 6.Baram, G.I., Vereshchagin, A.L., and Golobokova, L.P.,Zh. Anal. Khim., 1999, vol. 54, p. 962.Google Scholar
- 7.Riedmann, M. and Glatz, B.,Int. Lab., 1994, vol. 22, p. 7.Google Scholar