Kinetics of isobutylene oxidation on a Mo-Sb-Te-O (1 : 0.6 : 0.06) catalyst
- 74 Downloads
Kinetics of isobutylene oxidation over a Mo-Sb-Te-O catalyst is studied in a flow-circulation system with the Korneichuk differential reactor. The reaction orders of methacrolein, acetic acid, acetone, and CO2 formation, as well as the order of the overall reaction of isobutylene oxidation into methacrolein, with respect to oxygen and isobutylene are determined at 613–703 K and oxygen concentrations of (0.33–13.05) x 10−3 mol/1 and isobutylene (3.2–121.9) × 10−4 mol/1. The activation energies of these reactions are determined.
KeywordsActivation Energy Contact Time Reaction Order Carbonyl Compound Isobutylene
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Zhiznevskii, V.M., Shipailo, V.Ya., and Bazhan, L.V.,Dokl. Akad. Nauk Ukn, 1994, no. 7, p. 139.Google Scholar
- 2.Zhiznevskii, V.M., Shipailo, V.Ya., Bazhan, L.V., and Mokryi, E.N.,Dokl. Akad. Nauk Ukr., 1994, no. 10, p. 123.Google Scholar
- 3.Boreskov, G.K.,Zh. Fiz. Khim., 1958, vol. 32, no. 12, p. 2739.Google Scholar
- 4.Zhiznevskii, V.M.,Cand. Sci. (Chem.) Dissertation, Moscow, 1982.Google Scholar
- 5.Vazhnova, T.G., Korchak, V.N., Timoshenko, V.I., and Krylov, O.V.,Kinet. Katal., 1985, vol. 26, no. 6, p. 1378.Google Scholar