Increased frequency of steroid non-responsive nephrotic syndrome in Iranian children
- 19 Downloads
During an eight year period, 66 Iranian children with nephrotic syndrome without renal failure were studied for their response to prednisone therapy. Twentysix (39·3%) of these were early steroid non-responsive. Of 40 responders, 70 per cent responded within the first 2 wk, 22·5 per cent within the second 2 wk, and 3 children during the next 4 wk of therapy. Two patients (3·03%) were steroid late non-responders.
Key wordsNephrotic syndrome prednisone therapy steroid response
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Spitzer A, Gordillo PG, Houston IB, Travis LB: Prospective controlled trail of cyclophosphamide therapy in children with nephrotic syndrome. A report of the International study of kidney disease in children.Lancet ii: 423, 1974Google Scholar
- 7.Hend Rickse RG, Gilles HM: The nephrotic syndrome and other renal disease in children in western Nigeria.East Afr Med J 40: 186, 1963Google Scholar
- 9.Habib R, Kleinkecht C, Gubler MC:The nephrotic syndrome in pediatric nephrology. P Royeret al (eds); WB Saunders Co., Philadelphia, p 262Google Scholar
- 12.Bruce-Chwatt LJ, Malaria In Jelliffe DB, Stanfield JP (eds):Disease of children in the subtropics and tropics, 1987, p 929Google Scholar
- 13.Noguer A, Wernsdorfer W, Kouznetsov R, Hempel J: The malaria situation in 1976.WHO Chron 32: 90, 1978Google Scholar
- 16.Editorial: Management and diagnosis of children with the nephrotic syndrome.Br Med J 2: 1103, 1977Google Scholar