- 16 Downloads
A brief review of the relevant literature on ureteral ectopia has been presented.
Normal embryology of the ureter and the circumstances which lead to the development of an ectopic ureter have been discussed.
The pathology of this condition, with a passing remark on the associated congenital anomalies, has been discussed.
Clinical features, investigations and treatment of ureteral ectopia, have been discussed on the basis of our experience in twelve patients.
KeywordsIndigo Carmine Congenital Absence Ureteral Orifice Urogenital Sinus Wolffian Duct
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Burford, C. E., Glenn, J. E., and Burford, E. H. (1949). Ureteral ectopia: A review of the literature and 2 case reports.J. Urol. 62, 211.Google Scholar
- Crenshaw, J. L. (1940). Ureter with extravesical orifice, supernumerary ureter ending blindly, crossed ureteral ectopia, stones in extrapelvic cystocele: Report of eleven cases.J. Urol. 43, 82.Google Scholar
- Campbell, M. F. (1963). Pediatric Urology. Saunders, Philadelphia, p. 1625.Google Scholar
- Kilbane, E. F. (1926). Ectopic ureteral opening, its surgical significance.Surg. Gynec. Obstet. 42, 32.Google Scholar
- Unson, A. C. and Donovan, J. T. (1959). Ectopic ureteral orifice: A report based on seventeen cases.Amer. J. Dis. Child. 98, 153.Google Scholar